Thursday, July 27, 2006

::New Material...?

What the heck is new? I write notes all the time. I make little napkin sketches on old calendars. I scribble stuff on sketch pads. I make lists of wacky ideas or titles and just let them sit somewhere until I devote a few minutes to make a sketch. I lose stuff. I remember things I forgot to draw. I forget to work on projects. I leave a lot of projects unfinished....like this thought...

Anyhow, this one's not TOO OLD, but the idea for Cheerleader Cop is over 5 old, maybe more I don't recall. I only drew two pages of the actual comic idea, because I didn't really have a story. then again, most of my stories are NOT centered on some conflict that must be resolved, or some emotion that must be expressed. Most of my stories are about a character reaching a certain state of paradox or confusion and realizing he has made a mistake or is powerless to fix or escape from the oddities around him. Hilarity ensues, of course!! Or just senses-shattering violence and adolescent sexual remarks.

No comments: